We encourage applications from the most qualified and motivated candidates worldwide, independent of nationality and gender that comply with the following rules:
- At the time of enrollment at the recruiting institution, applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the official appointment date of the fellows's contract. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- At the time of enrolment at the host institution, candidates should not have more than 4 years of research experience and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate at the host institution.
The primary prerequisites for admission to the program are a strong background in the physical, mathematical or biological sciences and a keen interest in computational science. No prior HPC knowledge is required but a demonstrated background in computing is considered an advantage.
To be considered for admission to a PhD Program, a candidate must have a Master’s degree from a recognized accredited institution with a strong academic record, in physics, mathematics, biological sciences, computer science, engineering, information technology or a related scientific field to be completed by the start of the academic year 2018-2019 the latest.
Required documents are uniform across all recruiting institutions and include:
- Curriculum Vitae (template)
- Statement of research interests
- Certificates and Transcripts of academic records
Candidates will be asked to upload the required documents to the online application system. The degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) in the original language are required as well as their English translation if the original language is not English. Please note, that the English translation does not need to be certified at this stage of the application process, however, for the successful candidates the original paper documents will be required as part of the enrolment process as well as a certified English translation. Applications with fraudulent documents will invariably be rejected.